Best Blogger Tips

Monday 24 March 2008

The Facebook Mary-go-round...

won’t let me get off!

Around this time last year I signed up for a Facebook (FB)account for the simple reason, I needed a place to post my photos of my parents 40th wedding anniversary party so people who attended and the people who were not able to make the party could go to view the photos. Little did know at the time I would be selling my soul to the "Facebook" devil.

In the beginning FB was great because I could get in-touch with old school pals and catch up on gossip with family I don't get to see very often. I loved it! I was so addicted and would log onto FB at least twice a day just to lurk and check out profile updates and photo albums. Now I'm suck on the FB marry-go-round and can't get off.

This past weekend was a busy weekend and I didn't have a lot of time to spend on my pc. Logging onto FB to check my messages was on my to-do list but things kept popping up that needed my attention first and I wasn't able to check FB. Saturday while in the supermarket getting some Easter shopping done, my Baby Sister comes strutting down the aisle...

Her: Did you get my message?
Me: No, what message?
Her: I left you a message on Facebook this morning, didn't you check your messages?
Me: I wasn’t even on my computer today, was it something important?

Turns out the message wasn't all that important but when she left I was left dumbfounded standing in the aisle of the grocery store thinking "why didn't she call me?" This isn't the first time this has happened either. Come to think of it, my kids (one in particular) do the same thing.

Priss: Why didn't you pick my up at 6:00?
Me: Because you told me you were finished class at 7:00
Priss: No I didn't! I left you a message on Facebook saying I would be out an hour early!

I don't want to check my Facebook for messages every day. I've told people countless times that I don't check FB everyday, so don't bother leaving me messages but still day after day I receive at least 5+ messages. So day after day I log on to Facebook to check. I would like to be able to just turn off the message feature but FB doesn't give that option. I want to go back to the old fashioned method of giving and receiving information... The telephone or in person.

post signature

No comments: