Best Blogger Tips

Thursday 5 March 2009

Kokology -- Caught In The Rain


{Introduction to the game}
(pg. 91)
Not everything in life is predictable. We're always getting hit by surprises, emergencies, and unforeseen disasters without any chance to prepare ourselves mentally. Surprises of any kind can be stressful-an unexpected proposal just as much as a sudden breakup. There are too many things we can't predict or control: that's one of the reasons we all tend to develop habits and patterns to live by.


You are walking outside when a hard rain suddenly begins to fall. Even if you run full speed, you're still about five minutes from your destination. Which of the following best describes your choice of action?

1. "Id find an awning or tree to stand under and wait for the rain to stop."

2. "I don't know how long it's going to keep raining, so I'd run to where I'm going as fast as I could."

3. " I'd see if there was anybody around with an umbrella I could share or a store where I could by one."

4. "I always have a folding umbrella in my bag when I go out, so I'd just use that."
There are no right or wrong answers, and may share your answers by leaving a comment or you can keep your answer to yourself -- it's up to you (my answer was #2, I will post why in the comments). Are you ready to play?

** stop here and pick an answer before you continue to scroll down if your reading this in Google reader.
» Click to reveal the Key «


9 comments:

Jack said...

I picked #2... I would never waste time waiting for the rain to stop (#1) or waste time going to a store to buy one either(#2), and I never carry an umbrella in my bag - it would take up too much space and be too bulky(#4).

I guess the answer somewhat accurate, although I am trying to work on the "give-and-take" bit.

How did you all do?

Terri said...

Well since I'm mobility challenged and running is pretty much out of the question for me, I'd pick #1. Although, I've done #3, gone into a store and bought one.

Shadow said...

oh man, i'm 2 too...

cheatymoon said...

Sometimes I am #2, and sometimes I am #1. As I get older, I am more #1. I hope.

Lee said...

I'm #2 - but I wouldn't run. I'd probably enjoy it, bring out the camera and see what I could find :)

LarryG said...

I am a blend of the above, I have a bag with umbrella, but chances of having it could be small.
I might find shelter for a bit, but would probably feel compelled to make haste to the destination :)

so there's your "Irishman's" answer, talk about it but never pin it down.

lol

Lee said...

Back again ... go on over and pick up your award on my blog :)

Anonymous said...

I think Movie is a younger version of me...i go back and forth between 1 and 2 also...depending on my mood at the time...

Almost NEVER use an umbrella, even when it is offered to me...wonder what that says about me LOL...

MommyWizdom said...

Hi Jack! Cool game! I'm def. # 2, but...

2. "You don't care about the end result of a fight so much as getting to speak your mind"

This is VERY TRUE!

"-- and if the other side gets angry, you get angrier."

But I don't get angrier. I've learned that people who get angry don't let up. So, what's the point? I've already said my piece/peace, so I just let it go. I drop it.

THAT actually makes them angrier!

I am sure I'm right, though *snicker snicker*

:-)

MommyWizdom