Best Blogger Tips

Thursday 12 March 2009

Lemonade? ¢5 A Glass!


Two awards in the span of a week... what a great group of bloggie friends I have. This one, "When Life Gives You Lemons" award was passed along to me from such an inspirational gal, Movie. Her blog is called "Don't Worry it's Only a Movie", and you can find a link to her blog over in my distractions list (I do become distracted quite often over at her place). Thank you Movie!

How amazingly fitting for me to receive this award during such an awful week. I'm referring to the nasty fight with my Sister on Saturday. Angry words were said on both sides. Words and accusations that cut until I bled. Apologies -- I made an attempt to patch the rift.

As the days go by this week, I no longer want to dwell on the words said in anger or the original thing that I was hurt over. What I feel now is slight rejection, sadness, but mostly forgiveness. I just wish she would come to the same realization of how trite it all is, acknowledge my attempt at an apology, and offer the same in return. What I want more then anything is to repair the broken pieces so we can move on.

I think I will need to find a few lemon recipes -other then lemonade- to use up all the lemons that have piled up. Any suggestion?

Rules for the Lemonade Award:
  1. Post the logo on your blog.
  2. Nominate blogs that show great attitude or gratitude.
  3. Link to the nominees within your blog post.
  4. Notify the recipients of the award by commenting on their blog.
  5. Share the love and link back to the person from whom you received your award.
Many blogs come to mind as great recipients for this award but since I just passed an award on to 7 blogs from my link list earlier in the week, I will keep this list a short one.

Lemons 2 Lemonade (lol) - Check out her Wellness Wednesday posts... lovely idea!
Mommy Mania - A mother with two young boys knows a thing or two about how to make lemons into lemonade for sure!
1 Door Away From Heaven - Shadow is a must visit! Her lemonade is so sweet with just enough of the tang ;)

3 comments:

Shadow said...

oh thank you sweet jack for thinking of me! you are so wonderful!!!

Amber said...

Thank ya ma'am! It's always nice to get a pat on the back when ya need it most :o)

Lee said...

You are too sweet. Thanks Jack!! Love the idea of receiving a lemons2lemonade award :)