Best Blogger Tips

Friday 27 November 2009

Rainy, Tired Morning

This morning I woke to the soft pitter-patter of rain hitting my window (5 days of rain = 1 blah Jack). I had the hardest time dragging my tired ass out of bed this morning... another night of crazy dreams. This kind of morning is meant to be spent in bed, covering my head with the blankets, listening to the swishing sound made by the cars passing my house. I eventually got up though; did not want to go back to dreaming.

My dream last night was about gruesome creatures chasing me though an unfamiliar dark city. I read somewhere once that chase dreams, often stem from feelings of anxiety in your walking life - you want to escape from someone or something. What you are suppose to do is stop, turn around and ask your pursuer why they are chasing you and they'll (the monsters of your dreams) give you an answer, but I can never remember to stop and ask what the hell they want. Then again... maybe it's best to not ask and just keep running.

Hope all my American friends had a wonderful Turkey Day filled with yummy treats and good company. Happy Friday and enjoy your weekend everyone!

3 comments:

koreen (aka: winn) said...

(((hugs)))
I hear ya. I just wish sometimes I didn't have a preschooler to keep up with... and I could hide in the covers all day. Chronic sleep deprivation is on it's way again. Yay for the season of rain and fog! (Not so much.)

cheatymoon said...

I'm sorry you are waking up tired. I have had "active" nights like that - when I've felt I've been busy all night. Hardly restful.

Also, rain is the best for sleeping in. I am often thrilled if it is rainy on a weekend morning.

Hope your weekend is going well. xo

LarryG said...

thanks jack... dreams can also be a wonderful release, and answers to everything - well that is over rated!

hugs!