Best Blogger Tips

Friday 29 January 2010

One Extreme to Another & Friday Fill-Ins #161


Winter has returned to us with a vengeance. Today there is a couple feet of snow on the ground and the wind is blowing ice and snow against my windows. Yesterday the weather was so mild, I was out and about with only a sweater. The kitten and I were captivated by the hundreds of Stalings hungrily gobbling up tasty treats from my lawn. Today there is no sign of them; the cold north wind has driven them into the forest where they are taking shelter in their cozy nests. That's were I find myself this Friday night; thankful to be safe and warm in my cozy nest with my family nearby.

Now on to the Fill-Ins

And...here we go!

1. Wouldn't it be easy to stay inside all weekend, in your comfiest clothes, doing absolutely nothing in particular?
2. Ah! It's like a breath of fresh air!  New and improved and better than ever!
3. I love the taste of Earl Gray Tea in the morning.
4. My favourite place to be is curled up in my big comfy chair that is by the fireplace in the living room.
5. The first thing we're going to do is get a room with a view that looks down over the palm trees and the sand.  Then we will sit on the beach and watch while the sun dips below the horizon and paints the sky vermillion.
6. Thunder boomed and lightning filled the sky. Drip, drip, drip;  the raindrops hit the roof.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to curling up by the fire sipping a glass of Riesling, tomorrow my plans include errands fist thing in the AM, then painting the media room, and a fun evening with the ladies and Sunday, I want to put the second coat of paint on the walls and maybe off to the market for something delish for dinner!

What are your plans for this weekend?

2 comments:

cheatymoon said...

Riesling. My fave. Also staying in my cozies all weekend.

Stay warm, Jack! It's freezing here.

Gal Friday said...

That's a lot on your weekend "to do" list!! Have you accomplished all you wanted to, I am wondering..?
Starlings--they kind of creep me out. They show up from time to time at my feeder(haven't seen them yet, this winter, though)and it feels like an invasion.