Best Blogger Tips

Friday 19 March 2010

Treat yourself to some fun this weekend

I'm just sitting here this morning filling in the Friday Fill-Ins, thinking of what I have planned for my weekend. Weather girl says it's going to be sunny and around 10°C. The ground has finally thawed and the ice on the lakes and rivers is almost all gone. Time to shake all the doom and gloom that winter sometimes leaves behind and get outside, kick up my heals and simply enjoy life.

A dear friend once told me... "You get out of life what you put into it". And he is so right! Life is not a rehearsal, so get out there and enjoy!

Re-connect with your inner child: Go for a hike, hug a tree. Skip stones in a pond, lake, ocean. Grab your camera and be a tourist in your own city/town/suburb. Dig in the dirt. Ride a bike... whatever it takes to brighten your spirit and turn on the laughter.

Meet you at the shore!!!

What are some fun things you have planned for the weekend?


Now on to the Fill-Ins...
Friday Fill-Ins #168

My answers are in bold.  And...here we go!

1. Today I will be at the office 'till about 3ish.
2. Flat tire on my way home last night....grrrr, and I say why not?
3. What do you think of me sitting here writing in my blog when I have work to do?
4. At Starbucks it's free Pastry Day til 1030 Friday! (In Canada it's on Tuesday March 23)
5. People say that what we're all seeking is acceptance.
6. The image I cherish most is of my three children together.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to Alice in Wonderland(maybe), tomorrow my plans include an early morning market trip, lingerie store, book store and Sunday, I want to go for a walk, tidy the house, bake a chocolaty sinful dessert (any suggestion?)!

9 comments:

Billy Rhythm said...

Lingerie store and chocolate?! Hmm... I wonder if I can talk Susan into that!

Shadow said...

i haven't given this weekend a thought. all i know its a long weekend, monday being whatever-day here. but i'm not in the mood for much. i guess i need to take that splendid advice of yours...

Unknown said...

Sorry about the flat tire! I think chocolate mousse would be great!

cheatymoon said...

Sounds like you will have a lovely weekend. Sadly, I have a lot of work to do - but I hope to spend some time outside.

What sort of office do you work in, Jack?

Xo

koreen (aka: winn) said...

I was at Peggy's Cove today, taking pictures. Beautifully sunny, but COLD and windy. =)

kayerj said...

have a nice weekend . . . and I agree, the nicest thing to see all together is my kids.

Pseudo said...

I'm going to wakl around Diamond Head tomorrow with one of my favorite peeps and our dogs. Then we will dip into the ocean and cool off.

Have a great weekend Jack!

Andrea on Third Street said...

This weekend... Well, the bathing suit I talked about in my last post... I guess I'll have to put it on and take the kids to the pool. This will be hard. But my kids will remember that I went swimming with them and played my heart out and not that my belly is much bigger than it used to be.

Andrea on Third Street said...

Jack, I posted a link to this post up on our blog. Thanks for being so inspiring!