Best Blogger Tips

Saturday 24 April 2010

Just a quick note


Ever had one of those days where you just sit around the house all day, puttering around doing nothing in particular? Well I just did.

It's early evening now, and I only have a few hours before I drag my ass to the comfort of my cozy bed, and I've accomplished absolutely nothing today. Hubby is away on a man retreat this weekend. The "HE-Man Woman Haters Club", is meeting for the first time this season at their wilderness getaway deep in the forest. I've been left home alone, but I don't mind, I'm enjoying the time for some quiet contemplation.

So here I sit, sun is sinking into the horizon, casting such a pretty glow. Candles are lit and flicker softly, the room is silent. Silent, except for the tapping of my fingers on the keyboard. Silent, except for Pink Floyd playing in the background.

I have been meaning to get around to one thing. I received an award for my blog last week from the ever so inspirational Tina from Gal Friday. Thank you Tina! I love visiting  Gal Friday's blog to read her interesting musings about life and motherhood, photography, and other very readable topics. Please stop by her blog sometime this week and say hello.

I have been the recipient of this award way back in November where I followed the rules and listed my "10 things you might not know about me". This time around I think I will put my own little spin on the rules and list "10 phobias you might not know I have".

1. Being tickled
2. Bright, loud patterns
3. Birds
4. Enclosed spaces
5. Clowns
6. Marionette puppets
7. Spiders
8. Failure
9. Hypnosis
10. Heights

For the the next part of this award I am suppose to list 10 recipients for the Honest Scrap, but since I have already passed this award along to a good number of you on my blogroll, I think I will just invite everyone who wishes to accept this award to grab the button that goes along with, and list your 10 fears, phobias, or things we might not know about you.

Hope your all have a lovely weekend!

4 comments:

koreen (aka: winn) said...

So good to hear about you having quiet time. I don't remember what that is.... ;)

Me too about the birds, enclosed spaces, and clowns (ever since the movie Poltergeist).

cheatymoon said...

Eek clowns... enjoy your time alone. Sounds delish.
xo

Gal Friday said...

I think I remember you once mentioning your uneasiness around birds. Interesting.
Tickling--oh yeah. I have not been tickled in a long time, and that is just fine with me. I hated being tickled as a kid.

Fear of heights is a HUGE problem for me(and yeah, puppets and clowns are icky in my book, too)

You painted such a calming image in my brain by describing your candle-lit room with just the PF playing.
My husband goes off once in a great while with some male buddies--either camping/hiking in the mountains, or with his "cigar club" friends(he is the only one who doesn't smoke cigars, thank goodness!) to a trailer deep in the woods of Maine.

Thanks so much for accepting(again!) the award. :-)

kayerj said...

I hate my feet to be touched and I am deathly afraid of revolving doors.