Best Blogger Tips

Thursday 2 December 2010

What have I been up to?

Hello Darlings,

How have you all been? I've been busier than a beaver in a coffee lake. This week I have been doing some heavy duty cleaning and preparing my house for the holiday season. I can't wait to get all my decoration up inside the house as well as finish putting up the lights on the outside of the house. I am also taking a cake decorating course, so that is keeping me on my toes too. I can't wait to actually decorate a cake though, instead of practicing flowers and swirls on parchment.


I have another thing I wanted to share.  I have two new (to me) cameras that I am oh so excited about.  The first one is a Polaroid 215 Land camera made circa 1966.  The other is a Ricohflex VI, circa 1950's.  I think I will wait until after the new year to load the Richo with some film.  120 film is getting more and more expensive to buy here and there isn't a camera shop in this city (that I know of) that still will develop 120 film locally -- it gets a little expensive to sending the film out to be developed.  Perhaps I will look into taking a film developing course after I fishing with the cake decorating.  I did however order some Fuji pack film for the Polaroid and it should be arriving any day now (I love Amazon).  If you have any suggestions for using either camera, I would so appreciate your input and expertise!

I will be back soon, hopefully with some photos from the new Polaroid and my first cake photos.  Until then have a great week and weekend!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

3 comments:

Andrea on Third Street said...

I love pictures of cameras. Why is that??

Can't wait to see your cakes!

cheatymoon said...

Envious of your projects. I am popping in from the depths of academia. When I'm done with all my work (this Sunday), I can focus on fun things like holiday decorating and cameras.... can't wait.

And can't wait to see your cake!!

kayerj said...

can't wait to see what you create :)