Best Blogger Tips

Monday 28 February 2011

New Baby & Rainy Weekens

Friday evening there was a cold winter rain falling outside, composing a syncopated rhythm as it dripped silver from the wet, naked trees. I shrived involuntarily as I ran to the car; heading out to retrieve dinner for the family... pizza. We all eat dinner together then everyone slips away one by one to do their own thing; I am left to my own devices.  I curl up in the big chair with my laptop - my sanctuary.

Saturday we went into the hospital with a bag of goodies for my new baby niece, Morgan. Mommy and baby weren't in the room so we left them behind the goodies and headed out for dinner with Kensey. I was a little bummed, I really want to cuddle baby Morgan! Monday I think we shall visit them for sure :)


Sunday we spent the day inside the house just puttering about cleaning and doing odds and ends. Mostly I sat curled up in my big chair day-dreaming of a summer afternoon lazing on a sandy beach, listening to the waves crash, tasting the salty air...

This week I vow to only focus on the good, positive things in life... I wonder how that will go?

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Tell me a little about it :)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow my blog with bloglovin

3 comments:

cheatymoon said...

A new baby is so excited!! My weekend was a whirlwind trip to visit with family and some old friends. It was busy, but fun.

I'm happy to be home again (and wish I didn't have to work!)

Good to see you in my Google reader.

cheatymoon said...

exciting that is...

kayerj said...

How adorable--I love how her little face is all scrunched up.

the weekend . . . I spent it traveling through a statewide snowstorm. When we got home I was so tired I went to bed (about 5pm) and didn't get up until the next morning. I don't think I even dreamed.